Artichokes Etruscan Way
• Cooking School Recipes • by Paola De' Mari
Artichoke is one of the most interesting and special vegetables we eat in Italy. It takes a moment to be prepared to be cooked but the final result is so good.
Every time we start working with them we think how somebody decided to cook with them. Anyway it’s worthwhile with this beautiful Tuscan recipes
Carciofi all’ Etrusca
Hartichokes Etruscan Way
- 4 artichokes
- Half a lemon
- 1 spoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 spoon of capers
- 2 spoons black olives
- a pinch of peperoncino
- 3 spoons of Balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Clean the artichokes and slice them very fine.
- Let them in water for 10 minutes squeezing the lemon into the water.
5. Chop capers, olives and parsley, not too fine.
6. Add them into the pan with the artichoke.
7. When everything is well cooked, add the peperoncino and pour the balsamic vinegar over the artichokes.
8.Stir for 5 minutes.
9. Serve the sauce.